[mythtv-users] Prioritize Tuners

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Feb 27 04:41:37 UTC 2008

On 02/26/2008 09:04 AM, John Drescher wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 8:59 AM, Scott Pleavin <scott.pleavin at rogers.com> wrote:
>
>> Is there a way to set up the priority of the tuners.
>>
>>  ie. I have a beefy machine with two tuners and a second backend with one
>>  that struggles if it has to record and do anything else. For some reason
>>  Mythtv always selects my second backend first for all scheduled jobs. I
>>  see how I can set a preferred tuner when I schedule a recording but I'd
>>  like to set up a permanent priority scheme.
>>

> Yes, each tuner can have a priority.
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Scheduling_Recordings#Priority

http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-12.html#ss12.6 (which will also tell
you if input priority is actually what you want).  I'm thinking it's not
and you just need to
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/264034#264034 and
then add input connections in the order you prefer their usage.

Mike