[mythtv-users] How to add myth to kde menus?

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 01:09:36 UTC 2008

On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 6:32 PM, Yan Seiner <yan at seiner.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to set up a frontend in the guest room.  It's running KDE and
>  I'd like to add a menu item for myth in the kde menus.
>
>  How do I do that?
>
>  --Yan

If the install/distro doesn't do it for you, you can just right-click
on the "Start" button and choose "Edit Menu", or better, left-click on
it and then under Multimedia, right-click on one of the existing items
and choose "Edit Item".  The dialog that opens up should be relatively
self-explanatory.  You just right-click in the left pane, choose to
add a new item and fill in the appropriate blanks.  The command you
would type at the prompt in an X-window (with any command line options
you want) goes in the Command field and what you want to show on the
menu goes in the Name field.  The Description field is for pop-up
expansion on the hint from the Name field.  I have entries (some came
automatically from my install, others I added myself) for mythwelcome,
mythfilldatabase, mythfrontend, and mythtv-setup.

HTH,

Craig.