[mythtv-users] MythVideo: UI suggestion

jedi at mishnet.org jedi at mishnet.org
Tue Feb 26 22:39:51 UTC 2008

[deletia]
> I'd just be happy with the Watched Field added to the DB and some sort of
> image overlay added to the coverart maybe? I was toying with creating a
> user job that would take the coverart image and add a watched watermark on
> top of it but having the time to play with this as my coding ability is
> minimal at best, so it could take me a while to work this out.
>
> On top of this another cool idea would be a Random buttom which randomly
> picks an unwatched video, I know most people including my wife are
> terrible at deciding what to watch and are used to the "whats on"
> mentality we've been forced fed from the broadcasters.

That reminds me of another idea I had...

A unified view for recordings and videos where the guide data can
be used to drive the visible list of movies. If you had a movie
on DVD, you would not record it you would just create a pointer
from between mythtvideo and the recordings list.

"deleting" the recording would simply delete that link.

Another idea would be to have a list of 5 videos from each
of your categories or directories in mythvideo show up in a
manner similar to the recordings. It could even be in the
same interface.

Some would be random lists. Other could be sequential.

When you delete entries, another would be selected from
the list of unwatched content based on a per category
setting.