[mythtv-users] Blu-Ray player? Myth capable?

Matt S. skd5aner at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 20:28:31 UTC 2008

On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 2:34 PM, Brad DerManouelian
<myth at dermanouelian.com> wrote:
> On Feb 25, 2008, at 11:24 AM, Brian Wood wrote:
>

> > On Feb 25, 2008, at 12:00 PM, Ben Coates wrote:
> >
> >> Well one thing is certain now Tosh have all but abandoned HD DVD
> >> format, it'll be blu ray that we'll be wanting.
> >
> > You mean I made the right move by buying my PS3?
> >

> >> Perhaps now this has happened we'll see more support for blu-ray
> >> emerging..
> >
> > I'll be interested as soon as I see a movie worth watching come out in
> > the format.
> >
> > beww
>
> ok, *fine*. I'll lend you my copy of Purple Rain on BluRay. I haven't
> even opened the package yet.

I'm in the camp the feels that if I buy a movie, I should be able to
play it how I see fit.

That said... maybe "Purple Rain" is a bad example of a movie for you
to be lending out given Prince's recent sue-everything-that-breathes
mentality.  http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20070914-prince-to-reclaim-the-internet-by-suing-youtube-ebay-pirate-bay.html

Oh, the world we live in today.  Please, someone protect me from myself!

Matt