[mythtv-users] RANT: MythTV has a *horrible* end user experience.

jedi at mishnet.org jedi at mishnet.org
Mon Feb 25 15:52:35 UTC 2008

[deletia]

> AMD to NVidia to ATI to Hauppauge to set top boxes over firewire. Each
> piece
> of Myth is more or less a different project - Mythvideo, Mythmusic, etc
> etc.
> It's a HUGE product that does a lot of different things on different
> platforms. And it's constantly evoloving and keeping up with the latest
> standards... Sd, HD, H.264, what have you.
>
> I hate Mythmusic. I hate Mythvideo. I love XBMC for those purposes. But
> this

I agree about MythMusic but MythVideo isn't quite so bad. It's very
easy to tweak to get something more useful. I've done that myself
with nothing more than shell scripts. The end result is very easy to
use and generates most of the WAF I get out of the system.

I don't think the usability of the rippers really matters since any
open system isn't dependent on it's own internal tools for this sort
of thing.

[deletia]