[mythtv-users] Can the default recgroup, storagegroup be changed for recordings?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Feb 24 22:22:44 UTC 2008

On 02/24/2008 11:13 AM, nospam312 wrote:
> When you tell Myth to record a programme is it possible to change the
> default recgroup/stroragegroup from the default of "Default" depending
> on which frontend is being used?
>
> I have found the setting that changes the default recgroup that is
> used when the Watch Recordings screen is displayed (this is great) but
> I would like to change the default recording settings also?
>
> Is it possible?

Nope.  Not yet, at least.  The idea that would give you the
functionality you want has been mentioned, but hasn't gotten high enough
on anyone's TODO list, yet.  Basically, if implemented, it would allow
creating some sort of "rule groups" (sorry, don't have a real name) that
allow you to define and name a set of generic settings for recording
rules and--rather than specify all the settings when creating a new
recording rule--just select a rule group to use for your new rule.

I for one could say that--although I create a new all/any rules for
every new series that comes on each year--I would never be able to
recoup the time it would take to implement/test the feature in time
savings on creating new rules.

Mike