[mythtv-users] Audio stuttering during 1080p playback

Blammo blammo.doh at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 04:49:28 UTC 2008

On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 1:19 PM, Zern <mythtv at zernable.net> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to diagnose a problem I'm having with bad audio stutter. I'm
> trying to play a mkv file containing H264 video at 1080P and with DTS
> audio. I'm using ffmpeg and xv-blit renderer with spdif passthrough. I'm
> also running a recent SVN version.
>
> The video plays beautifully and is perfectly smooth, however the audio
> it horribly stuttered. Anything else, both HD and SD plays fine, except
> for files with this specific encoding (I've tried 2 files).

I have the same problem. I've thrown RAM, processor, motherboard, etc,
at the problem, all to no avail. I discovered one other thing, at
least for me.. if I force it to stereo-2-channel, it doesn't stutter.

Either way, I'm running about 35% CPU usage on a 3.2g dual-core box
with tons of ram..

I _think_ it's a bug in FFMPEG, but it happens with ffmpeg, xine, and mplayer..