[mythtv-users] Myth and apple tv

John Sutherland garionphx at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 23:17:18 UTC 2008

> You best bet is to wait until the mythfrontend plugin
> (http://garion.tzo.com/FrontRowPlugins/) gets updated to work under
> the AppleTV framework. It currently only works under 10.5 desktop
> FrontRow.

Hi, I'm the author of that package, and that page is old. I opened up
a google projects page here: http://code.google.com/p/frontpython/

That page is for a framework for creating plugins for FrontRow using
Python. It does not support AppleTV, and there are no plans to.
Someone on the mailing list tried to get it running, but it didn't
work, and I don't have an appletv to try it on.

I've long thought about  creating a plugin for FR that can do Myth
more natively.. But the problem is skipping commericals.. I have no
idea how that works in Myth, and I haven't the time to figure it out..
I even went so far as to add NUV file support to Perian (I think its
in the 1.1 release, I haven't tried..).. If some could figure out the
commerical skipping while using quicktime... I'll be happy to help..

--John