[mythtv-users] Automatic Swith of Incoming Connections

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Fri Feb 22 20:51:05 UTC 2008

antonluque wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I have mythtv running on ubuntu 7.10 on a intel mac mini with a hauppauge
> pvr, which is connected directly to the antenna via a coax cable, and is
> able to decode most of my channels with a few exceptions. In order to be
> able to watch and record programs from those other channels, I have to
> connect the cable box to the tv tuner via a svideo cable.
>
> That means that every time before doing so I have to go to myth setup and
> change the incoming connections from coax to svideo, is there a way be able
> to watch and record from one or the other inputs without going to the setup?
> Or to change these settings with a command that I could run automatically
> via cron?

You could have separate channel lineups, one containing only the
channels that require the svideo and another only the RF channels. As
long as the channel numbers are different it should make the switch
automatically.

I've never tried this using the same capture card, I have separate cards
for svideo and RF, but I don't see why it wouldn't work with the same
card, unless I've missed something.

beww