[mythtv-users] pulse audio and fedora 8 woes Ready to give up!

Gregg 3gemail at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 17:47:49 UTC 2008

I have installed fedora 8 and mythtv for a friend.  I am using ALSA
and the  iec958 Ac3 passthrough works great. the soundcard is a sb
live audigy LS.  I have uninstalled alsa-plugin-pulseaudio, but I
still get no pcm sound.  I have done this as well .....
added <sound>=/dev/dsp* /dev/snd/* to
/etc/security/console.perms.d/50-default-perms.

At the bottom, where permissions are defined, I added
<console> 0666 <sound>       0600 root

But still no pcm sound.  I no longer get errors opening mixer.  My
goal is to send all sound to iec958.  Below is my aplaay -L

ront:CARD=CA0106,DEV=0
    CA0106, CA0106
    Front speakers
rear:CARD=CA0106,DEV=0