[mythtv-users] Am I invisible???

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 10:56:11 UTC 2008

On 22/02/2008, William Munson <w.munson at comcast.net> wrote:
> Jason/Mary Heise wrote:
> > Sorry to clog the board, but I have sent 2 replies to my thread where
> > people are actually trying to help me and the posts have gone
> > un-acknowledged and never turned up!!!
> >
> > Will this one make it???
> >

> I cannot see you however I do see your message. Perhaps the reason
> nobody is seeing your replies is that you are using a mail program that
> breaks threading of messages. Most Microsoft products do not handle
> message threading properly which is why I use Thunderbird for my mail.

gmail also works well - and bearing in mind the volume of messages on
this list it's can be worth setting up an account dedicated to it.
Not sure if you still need invites to join gmail but, if you do let me
know.

It's also posisble to configure the list to send you your own posts.
I've done that (I think) and I don't see any messages I post to start
a thread.  I do see my replies to other posts immediately though.

You can look on the gossamer threads archive
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/ for your messages.

There can be quite a delay before they show up though.