[mythtv-users] SVN removal howto

Dan Ritter dsr-myth at tao.merseine.nu
Thu Feb 21 14:37:21 UTC 2008

On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 08:38:28AM -0500, John Drescher wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 3:27 PM, Mark Hutchinson <mwhutchinson at mac.com> wrote:
> > I want to go back to stable RPMS for a bit.  How is the best way to
> >  remove SVN?
> >  make uninstall?  Then remove the database?
> >  I am looking for a total uninstall.
> >
> Being that I am a windows software developer, I have a question.
>
> Shouldn't the current 0.21 SVN be considered nearly stable being that
> at whatever point in time a release is built it will be a svn snapshot
> from the current trunk?

No.

The activity in the last two weeks has been tremendous, with
devs deciding to punt features into 0.22 or unknown, commits for
bugs which have been tested, commits for bugs which are being
introduced by other commits, and so forth. You can't even swear
that a given SVN version will compile on all platforms.

Wait. The increased activity suggests that it won't be very much
longer.

-dsr-

subversive content by DHS, and is
believed to be treasonous Commie propaganda.