[mythtv-users] HDHomerun signal strength required

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 13:56:05 UTC 2008

My HDHomerun should be delivered today so I thought I'd ask another question
to see what everyone else is doing. I have a good but not great omni
directional antenna in the attic. Since the HDHomerun has two tuners I'll
have to split the signal connect both inputs. Has this been a problem for
anyone? I'm not an electronics engineer but I'll basically be splitting the
signal strength in half, right?

Most of the signals for the stations available to me are coming from the
same direction within about a 20 degree included angle so I'm assuming if my
current antenna is not good enough I should probably go with a moderately
directional antenna.

Thanks,
Richard