[mythtv-users] AppleTV with Linux

Josh White jaw1959 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 12:01:41 UTC 2008

"Based on the fact that MythFrontend doesn't crash when he exits live
TV, I'd say he had to be running on Linux..."

In that case, then maybe this thread should be merged with the "Quick boot
Linux?" thread.

If he has it booting Linux when he launches it from the Apple TV interface,
he's shutting down OS X and Booting Linux AND loading mythfrontend in about
10 seconds.  That's pretty impressive considering the speed of the
hardware.

I run mythfrontend on OS X on 3 different Macs, and they all seem to be as
stable or better than any of my other frontends running on Linux
(.20.2...can't speak for any of the SVN builds).

- Josh