[mythtv-users] Controlling two DCT700 digital cable boxes

Douglas Hitchcock clarkaddison at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 05:14:20 UTC 2008

I bought the dual IR blaster from irblaster.info, since I have two tuners
and one serial port... neglected to read the FAQ about how they work.  There
doesn't seem to be a way to change the remote codes in a DCT700 to control
two boxes from one serial port, but I haven't actually found a confirmation
of this.  Can anyone prove me wrong?  please please :-D

If I'm right and this dual blaster is worthless to me, any one have any
ideas what I could do next?  Think the cable company would give me a
different kind of box?  I doubt it... maybe if I controlled one box with
this serial blaster, using only one of the transmitters, and then
controlling the other one with like a MCE remote?  Boy I really don't want
to buy a remote from Microsoft if I don't have to.

Thanks