[mythtv-users] AppleTV with Linux

Scott D. Davilla davilla at 4pi.com
Wed Feb 20 22:13:38 UTC 2008

>  > I'll try and keep up, I can see lot's of requests in the near future.
>>  Not quite done with the new bootloader as I was side tracked in
>>  testing the current fix. I really need to get another AppleTV.
>
>I would really hope that something like minimyth could work on the
>appletv to boot with little or no changes to the local hard drive.  Is
>that even possible?  Even if it could boot from a USB key I would be happy.

Possible, it's really going to depend on the ram footprint minimyth
takes when running its root file system in ram. There's only 256MB of
ram and the binary nvidia driver is grabbing almost half.

The mythfrontend from recent svn can be a pig keeping all those
setup/config views in memory. For example, right now at 846+ mins of
cpu time doing constant 1080i xvmc decode, it's taking 289m virtual
and 120m resident with 62m shared. 4756k free. About 2/3rds of that
resident is non-visable screens buffered for quick access I guess.

I'm download a ram install to play with later.