[mythtv-users] link to a specific recording

F P zagor.fp at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 09:24:46 UTC 2008

> Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 16:59:05 +0100
> From: "F P" <zagor.fp at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] link to a specific recording
> To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
>
> > Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 08:09:37 -0500
> > From: "Ronald Frazier" <ron at ronfrazier.net>
> > Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] link to a specific recording
> > To: "Discussion about mythtv" <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
> >
> > If you'd rather do it in the internal player,
>
> Yes, this is what I'm looking for: I couldn't set properly the remote
> so far and couldn't let it control xine or mplayer, yet.
>
> > you could have it launch
> > a script that echos some commands to the mythfrontend Network Control
> > Port (port 6546 by default). To figure out what command you need to
> > run, you can test it out from the command line:
> >
> > telnet localhost 6546
> > query recordings
> >
> > that will give you a list of shows. Find the one you want and copy the
> > chanid and timestamp. Then test it out as follows:
> >
> > play program 1029 2008-02-12T22:58:00
> >
> > If that works as you expect, then your command to run would be:
> >
> > echo play program 1029 2008-02-12T22:58:00 | telnet localhost 6546

It didn't completely work.
I had firstly to enable network connections to port 6546, in the
setup/general page and restart the frontend.
Then I could telnet to localhost, query recordings and play my recording.
Unfortunately, the audio was there, but video was green, with a ghost
image of my recording underneath.
Hoping it was going to be better if I launched it through a
mythfrontend link, I've tried to edit the mainmenu.xml, adding a
button like this:

  <button>
     <type>TV_WATCH_RECORDING</type>
     <text>Madagascar</text>
     <action>echo play program 1029 2008-02-12T22:58:00 | telnet
localhost 6546</action>
  </button>

but when pressing the button, nothing happens.
Now I realize that maybe the type is TV_WATCH_RECORDINGS (plural),
don't know if that might be the trick. I'll try this evening, unless
someone has any other suggestions.

Also, any hint on the green screen? I can obviously watch recordings
all right, through mythfrontend "Watch recordings" interface

Thanks