[mythtv-users] Quick-boot linux?

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Wed Feb 20 04:25:21 UTC 2008

Brian Wood wrote:
> Yan Seiner wrote:
>

>> (Aside:  You would think there's some consistency to this.  I still feel
>> we need to have a sacrificial altar and burn an offering once in a while
>> to the god of high tech to get it all to work.)
>>

> Obviously we all do this. Common problems are not facing in the correct
> direction as the offering burns, or holding your tongue in the wrong
> position.

Long ago, in the BL Era (Before Linux) I administered a particularly
cranky and overloaded Sun Sparc Something Or Other.

A buddy of mine made me a chicken's foot that I still have twisted from
some multicolored comm wire.  When we actually got that particular Sun
to do something extraordinary (like network printing from a DOS
workstation) we would all do a savage victory dance around the great
Sparc, brandishing the chicken's foot over our heads.  The company
owners thought we were nuts, but since we got it to work, they couldn't
say much......

--Yan