[mythtv-users] How can I keep "Browse" view from recursing through my home directory?

Sarah Hayes sarah at sarahhayes.is-a-geek.net
Wed Feb 20 03:40:07 UTC 2008

> Any clue as to what might be happening?

Not a Scooby Doo personally, although I'd
a) run the video manager and if it says "Can't find file X remove from
Database?" tell it yes. Assuming X is a file in /home/myth.

b) if possible run fsck on the drive as something might have gone bang.
Had any power cuts recently, like say before the problem started?  Same
with brown outs, power spikes, heavy plant digging up the street or
large scale building works nearby?

But no, I've never seen MythVideo wander off of its own accord like that
either; but I am a n00b.

You could always go in to the DB itself using something like emma, poke
around the videometadata table and remove the relevant lines and see if
Video Manager pulls the missing files back in.   Then you'd know it's
really banjo'd.

Sarah