[mythtv-users] Quick-boot linux?

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Tue Feb 19 14:16:25 UTC 2008

Just FYI:  I'm not using any of those utilities to do the suspend
(s2ram, hibernate, etc). I'm handling everything myself. I tried them
and had absolutely no luck getting any of them to work well. Things
worked much better doing it myself. "echo -n mem > /sys/power/state"

> OnSuspend 02 sleep 4 <- give enough time for gdm+X to shut down

Is that necessary for you? I've found just the opposite. With my
hardware, if I don't do the suspend while x is loaded (and thus the
nvidia drivers loaded), then when I resume the video state never gets
restored and there is no display. I have to do reboot. If I leave X
running, everything gets restored fine. The only thing I do is kill
mythfrontend and restart it after wake. I think the only reason I even
did that was because I also had to unload and reload lirc, and when I
did so mythfrontend wouldn't respond to the remote anymore, so I had
to restart it. Furthermore, I'm not even sure anymore if unloading
lirc was necessary or if it was just part of my experimenting trying
to get the USB-UIRT to wake from suspend (which I never managed to
do).

--
Ron