[mythtv-users] Quick-boot linux?

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Tue Feb 19 12:52:20 UTC 2008

> Set up a tmpfs, populate it with sg_reset and libc6, and invoke it from
> ususpend-ram.conf
>
> OnResume 99 LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/mnt/tmpfs /mnt/tmpfs/sg_reset -b /dev/sda
>
> Works like a charm.  Full start in ~15 seconds, of which 5 or so is SCSI
> related.

I'm glad you got it working.  I was wondering about doing that a few
weeks ago, but never took the effort to try it. Now I wonder if I
could do the same for my network card (to avoid having to use the PCI
one). I'd have to "modprobe - r" the forcedeth driver and then
"modprobe" it after wakeup. How do you find out what libraries
something depends on. Also, any idea how you modprobe a driver from an
arbitrary path? I thought I tried that once and it wouldn't work
unless it was under /lib/modules.

--
Ron