[mythtv-users] Help with volume control in mythtv

sdkovacs sdkovacs at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 03:20:14 UTC 2008

I moved my hardware over to a slightly newer box this weekend, and
everything is working fine, with the exception of volume control in
Mythtv. When playing back any sound, the volume buttons on the remote
control no longer affect the volume. In alsamixer, the only item that
will affect the volume is the 'Headphone' setting. But how do I get
the volume buttons on the remote control to map to Headphone instead
of PCM or Master? In Setup-->General-->Audio, I tried changing Mixer
Controls to Headphone, but no luck. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.