[mythtv-users] Quick-boot linux?

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Tue Feb 19 00:11:47 UTC 2008

Paul Bender wrote:

> S3 is definitely a headache to get working. However, once you succeed,
> it is great.

Well, this has inspired me to try for S3 again....

My main frontend is built on a pretty solid Foxconn mobo and has a SCSI
drive.  (Seemed like a good idea at the time...)

The SCSI subsystem seems to be the headache for S3.

Basically, the SCSI subsystem needs a bus reset on boot.  I can reset it
just fine with sg_reset - but that utility is not accessible without
resetting the scsi bus.

So the controller goes through its 30 seconds of trying to revive the
scsi device before it finally issues a SCSI RESET, then sg_reset becomes
available and immediately resets the bus again....

Hmmm...

So, any way to reset a sym53c8xx via proc?

Something I can do immediately on wakeup without having to have the
drive mounted?

--Yan