[mythtv-users] Adding a second tvcard to existing setup

Kevin Kuphal kkuphal at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 22:03:27 UTC 2008

On Feb 18, 2008 3:55 PM, Hsing-Foo Wang <hsingfoo at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for the procedure on how to add a second tvcard to my
> existing setup.
>
> Currently I have Mythtv svn with a Hauppage PVR350 running happily. I
> now want to add a cx88xx based Hauppage WinTV card. The acrd is
> recognized properly (cx8800 and cx88xx). And now for mythtv
> itself.....
>
> Mythtv-setup recogizes the second (new) card correctly but what do I
> do next. Do I follow the same procedure as with a single card or do I
> re-use info. Channel scanning etc....
>
> I've searched the wiki, but it's not easy to find. Any step by step
> guidelines would be highly appreciated!

If the second card has the same channels (same source) as the first (such as
splitting cable), then just add the card, then go into Input Connections and
assign your existing video source to the new card's tuner.  If the sources
differ, it's just like adding your first card in that you need to add the
card, the new source, and then map them together.

Kevin