[mythtv-users] AM2 Motherboard with PCI slots galore

Scott Alfter mythtv at salfter.dyndns.org
Mon Feb 18 20:11:58 UTC 2008

Calvin Dodge wrote:
> Aside: IF the ConvertX _does_ meet your needs, it's on sale at
> Compusa.com for $59.99.
>
> I gather that's mostly because no Vista drivers are available or
> planned (the impending end of broadcast analog may have something to
> do with it, too).

It could also have something to do with CompUSA going out of business...they'd
want to unload their inventory and will take whatever they can get.

Still, it's not a bad price if you can get it.  I tried one out a while back,
but took it back because it insisted on deinterlacing everything before
encoding to MPEG-4.  That behavior makes inverse telecine of the recorded video
impossible.

   _/_
  / v \ Scott Alfter