[mythtv-users] Remove "Optical Discs" From Menu

Rich West Rich.West at wesmo.com
Mon Feb 18 19:12:20 UTC 2008

None of my frontend systems have DVD/CD players in them (everything
comes from ISOs on a main filesystem), so I was looking to remove
"Optical Discs" from the menu all together.

I found the "theme.xml" file for the currently running theme and the
reference to:
        <buttondef name="MENU_OPTICAL_DISKS">
But removing that made no impact (I reloaded the theme.. even restarted
the frontend).  I cleared out the osdcache for the mythtv user, too...
Am I missing something here, or is it not possible to disable that menu
item?

Thanks!
-Rich