[mythtv-users] AppleTV with Linux

Ben Firshman ben at firshman.co.uk
Mon Feb 18 16:55:00 UTC 2008

A few things before I buy an Apple TV to run Linux:

Would mplayer play 720p H.264 files?

The HDMI audio out does not seem to work. This is a bit of a show
stopper for me - switching audio between my TV and myth box already
frustrates me no end. Is there any progress with this?

Is the USB port functional? I think I might hook up my MCE remote to
replace the useless Apple remote. From what I can gather, the IR port
on the Apple TV is crippled to just allow the Apple remote.

Thanks

Ben