[mythtv-users] imdp.pl oddities?

Anduin Withers awithers at anduin.com
Mon Feb 18 04:12:02 UTC 2008

> Is anyone else getting odd behavior in the imdb lookup part of
> MythVideo?  It was working fine yesterday, but suddenly now removes any
> edits to the metadata I've made and doesn't return anything.

They appear to have started blocked user agents matching "lwp-trivial/1.41".
So anyone know of a site where we can comply with the Terms of Use in the
next week or so?

Yes changing the user agent works, simply switching away from LWP::Simple
works. I'm not really willing to deliberately circumvent their blocking even
if it is simple and untargeted.

--
Anduin Withers