[mythtv-users] Best way to listen to long spoken-word audio files

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Sun Feb 17 23:22:06 UTC 2008

> You could use something like lives.sourceforge.net to create a video. Just
> use Gimp to create a blank frame then read that into lives and then import
> your audio and then save it as a .avi or .mpeg and then you could use
> mythvideo. Not ideal but then again not a very difficult work around.

Does anyone feel up to writing a script that will extract the id3 data
from an mp3, create a jpeg from it (perhaps overlaid over a pretty
picture) and then use lives in command mode to stitch the two together to
create an avi file for MythVideo?

Sounds like a winner to me (but I've never played with lives before) - the
image creation stuff could probably be lifted from MythArchive.

Cheers

--
Robin Gilks