[mythtv-users] playing DVDs

Maarten maarfree at xs4all.nl
Sun Feb 17 19:05:48 UTC 2008

Plenty,

But in the end I managed. Some hints:

What distro do you use?
Is the user running myth allowed to access the DVD device?
Do you have all codecs and decss, dvdnav etc. stuff installed. In other
words, can you watch the DVD with mplayer or xine?
Did you enable the log files and what do they tell you? I am still working
my way around backend, fronted and welcome (who does what?) so I always go
through 3 log files.