[mythtv-users] [AU] ABC TV Program Guide broken by recent changes

David Segall david at segall.net
Sun Feb 17 13:26:42 UTC 2008

David Segall wrote:
> The Australian Broadcasting Corporation has made some changes,
> presumably a week ago, that resulted in my having no guide data for ABC
> TV yesterday. I am in Melbourne, using the standard grabber script and
> the xmltvid was abcvic.free.au. The guide data for ABC2 is still working
> with an xmltvid of abc2.abc.gov.au. I am running Mythdora 3.2
>
> Is there a simple change I can make to obtain guide data for ABC1?
Since no one responded with a simple change to the existing grabber I
decided it must be time to upgrade to Shepherd.

It worked! I followed the Shepherd installation instructions
<http://svn.whuffy.com/index.fcgi/wiki/Installation> and ignored a few
errors reported by cpan. My fears that my MythDora 3.2/Fedora Core 5
based system was too old to upgrade were unfounded.

--
David