[mythtv-users] Best way to listen to long spoken-word audio files

Stutty stutty at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 09:29:44 UTC 2008

I'd like to see a solution to this one, as I set up a recording rule
and script to archive the BBC's book at bedtime to mp3 (stripping the
title, subtitle, author, etc. from the listings). I wanted them as
mp3, so my wife could listen to them in the car, on the train etc.

I now have a massive library of mp3's, unfortunately if I actually
want to listen to random selection of music in myth or on my
squeezebox, about 50% of the tracks are book at bedtime. It's also a
PITA to remember where I was and which episode I was listening too
last...

I'd almost want too different modes for myth music, be nice to be able
to set up your own preset 'themes' for mythmusic.

Being able to set up playlist, visuals, and behaviour and save it to a
menu item.

1 - Playlist Spokenword, Visual = mp3 track info + Controls, Behaviour
= play in order, remember location on exit.

2 - Playlist fav music, Visual = Goom + Album Art, Behavior = play
random, forget location.

3 - Playlist CD, Visual Album Art + track info, Behavior play in
order, remember location,

and so on,

Could be associated with playlists rather than a new database structure?

Then again I quiet like the idea of music/audio just being a
background application to the rest of myth, with a pop up to control
skip, volume etc. Although I'm running out of controls on my remote :(

Paul