[mythtv-users] Firewire STB keeps jumping ports - 0.21-fixes branch. Suggestions?

William Munson w.munson at comcast.net
Sun Feb 17 02:54:22 UTC 2008

I am attempting to get firewire capture working reliably in 0.21-fixes
and have found that if I tune a bad channel that I fail to get a lock
which is good however it causes the STB to jump ports from 1 to 0.
Firewire tested shows that the new port is still active and stable
however myth even though its looking for the correct UUID does not
discover that the port has moved. Am I doing something wrong? Is there
an external script I can run that will update the database with the new
port on every attempted channel change? Any suggestions?

TIA,
William