[mythtv-users] OT: HD and sports

Dave Badia dbadia at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 01:52:14 UTC 2008

I too had hopes that the 16x9 aspect with HD would allow me to see sports in
a different way (American football, specifically).  Unfortunately, I have
been disappointed.  I had hoped that the cameras would shift to make the
line of scrimmage off-center, so that viewers could downfield, showing all
of the players on the field before the play starts.

Sad to say, shots are still taken with the line of scrimmage in the center
of the screen.  So, instead of seeing more pre-snap formations, player
shifts, etc, we're stuck seeing 10 yards of the offensive backfield (an area
in which action rarely ever occurs).

All we can do is keep hoping I guess....