[mythtv-users] [SOLVED] Power button on Gyration Universal Media Center Remote

Adolfo R. Brandes arbrandes at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 11:39:44 UTC 2008

The Problem:

  Once pressed, the power button on the Gyration Universal Media
Center Remote would repeat endlessly, causing the box to enter an
infinite suspend-and-resume cycle.

The Solution:

  I got the attention of Jiri Kosina, a very attentive USB developer
on the linux kernel mailing list [1].  He produced a kernel patch that
fixes the sleep key problem (and unsuccessfully attempts to fix
another one, the broken "TV" button), after which the remote can be
properly used to suspend and wake up a mythtv frontend.  I don't know
if or when this will be included in the mainline kernel, but at least
we now have a working solution.  I'm attaching a touched-up version of
his patch here.

  Folks that have this remote will want to check out a thread on the
ubuntu forums [2] that deals with making all the other keys work using
evrouter.  Pretty neat piece of software, that.

Good luck,
Adolfo