[mythtv-users] Need recommendations for setup

David Durham, Jr. david.durham.jr at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 23:28:00 UTC 2008

On Fri, Feb 15, 2008 at 3:36 PM, Abdul Javid <javiabd at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Does MythTV support CentOS?

I use mythbuntu 7.10.  I like it quite a bit.  I'm actually using the
AMD64 distro without any problems whatsoever, and I use a lot of the
plugins: mythweb, games, dvd transcoding, etc.  I've got a dual-core
system that has no problems with HD content.

> 3) The lecture video  , VGA is going to 2 TVs  ( 2 HD Plasmas)

This is actually an Xorg issue, and it's pretty easy with NVidia, and
doable with ATI cards and probably quite a few others that I don't
have experience with :).  If you have an nvidia card, you can use the
restricted drivers, configured with the nvidia-settings gui program.
Either way, you'll end up with an xorg.conf file, declaring screens,
monitors, devices, etc.  The nvidia-settings program, and others, are
convenient ways to do this.

-Dave