[mythtv-users] MythDora EPIA M1000 Xorg.conf

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Fri Feb 15 18:22:23 UTC 2008

Ronald Pijnacker wrote:
>> I was thinking about getting one of these
>>
>> http://www.hauppauge.com/pages/products/data_mediamvp.html
>>
>> probably about as low-power and quiet as you're going to get.
>>
>> but I'm not sure if they're still supported by mythtv.
>
> Yes they are, see mvpmc.org. Keep in mind that is not as functional as a
> real mythfrontend is, though.

I think the problem was actually in the choice of motherboard. I ran a
VIA SP13000 as my BE/FE mythbox for analog standard definition tv for
about a year and a half. I changed because I started getting high def
OTA tv, which the SP13000 would not handle well. It actually could
'almost' play HD if output was to the VGA port.

It ran about 40 watts with a PVR-500 for analog and a PCHDTV3000 for
digital cable. You need the VIA 2 slot PCI riser card to get 2 pci
slots. I put it into a Silverstonetek LC11M case and had an all in one
media box, no bigger than the stereo receiver. The LC11M came with a remote.

And yes, it is quiet. My wife complained one day about a repetitive
ticking noise 'in the sound track' of the show we were watching. In
fact, it was the hard drive noise of the backend recording a show.

Geoff