[mythtv-users] Cannot tune to certain analogue channels

Florian Hackenberger f.hackenberger at chello.at
Thu Feb 14 22:47:47 UTC 2008

Hi all!

I have a very strange problem with mythtv 0.20.2 and a saa7134 based card
using analogue TV. mythtv-setup scans fine and finds quite a lot of channels.
I can tune most of them, but not all of them. For example, there is a
broadcast on channel E5 (freq 175.25, confirmed with mplayer and xawtv), but
mythtv just does not tune on this channel (and some more, all of them either
prefixed with E, SE or S AFAIK and whatever these prefixes are supposed to
indicate). Upon switching to the channel, the frontend goes black and
switches to a working channel on the same tuner card a few seconds later.
Trying again, it does not even try to switch to channel E5. Here is the
relevant line from the channel table:
| chanid | channum | freqid | sourceid | callsign            |
name                | icon | finetune | videofilters | xmltvid |
recpriority | contrast | brightness | colour | hue   | tvformat | commfree |
visible | outputfilters | useonairguide | mplexid | serviceid | atscsrcid |
tmoffset | atsc_major_chan | atsc_minor_chan |
|   2006 | E5      | 175250 |        2 | Adding Channel E5   | Adding Channel
E5   | none |     NULL |              |         |           0 |    32768 |
32768 |  32768 | 32768 | Default  |        0 |       1 |               |
0 |    NULL |      NULL |      NULL |        0 |               0 |
0 |

Attached is a logfile from "mythfrontend --verbose all,nodatabase,nosocket",
with messages like:
TeletextDecoder: No Teletext Viewer defined!
filtered (there were LOTS of these in the log). I started watching live TV on
a DVB channel (on another tuner card), then switched to E5 and ended up on
channel 26 after a few seconds. Any ideas? Any more info I could provide?

Cheers,
	Florian

--
Florian Hackenberger