[mythtv-users] MythDora EPIA M1000 Xorg.conf

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Thu Feb 14 18:33:00 UTC 2008

On Feb 14, 2008, at 10:21 AM, Razza wrote:

> Thanks to those who have responded.
> I have been unsuccesful with an EPIA M10000 and MVP. What would you
> guys suggest for a low power quiet, SD front end? or do I really
> need to give up my quest for a low power frontend?

If you have the space and it doesn't offend your sense of aesthetics,
I would consider a desktop system.  When my M10000 system died
recently, I went to the local computer surplus store and bought a low
end 1.6 GHz P4 system.  I installed a GeForce2 card I had lying around
that happened to have SVIDEO output.  To my surprise, this is actually
*quieter* than my M10000 system was, due to larger, lower speed fans.
It's much bigger, though, and the power drain is somewhat higher --
60-70 watts idle.  Part of this is due to my decision to run two hard
disks in it instead of one, and my inability (so far) to get hard disk
spindown working.  Performance when doing things that access the
database, like browsing through recordings, is much improved.