[mythtv-users] AM2 Motherboard with PCI slots galore

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Thu Feb 14 17:09:24 UTC 2008

Yan Seiner wrote:

> Not quite....  You cannot toggle the RTS/DSR lines directly.  This messes
> up some devices that need a specific timed handshake with those lines.
> LIRC with the homebrew serial receiver uses the CD line (IIRC) to sense
> the IR signals and it needs precise timing of those signals.  Thus it
> won't work on the USB serial ports.

Correct. I was thinking that I had seen blasters that worked with a USB
adapter, but now that I think about it those were the "MyBlaster" units
that used the serial port in a standard manner and did not depend on
computer-generated timings.

Sadly, I believe those blasters are no longer available (at least not new).

beww