[mythtv-users] MythStream always starts at full volume

Eduard Huguet eduardhc at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 08:57:42 UTC 2008

Hi,
    I've been using MythTV (with MythStream) plugin since about 2 years
ago, now. Recently I fully reinstalled my system (changing to x86 to
x86_64 gentoo arch, etc...). Everything is working fine, but the only
thing I noticed since this reinstall is that now mythstream playing
always starts at 100% volume. This is rather annoying, as the sound
output is connected to an external amp for which full volume output is
pretty heav so I have to immediately low down the volume to an
acceptable level.

I'm pretty sure this wasn't happening before. żDo someone know if there
have been any change relating to this both in mplayer or mythstream
plugin itself? Also I find (and I've found that others too...) that the
volume granularity is different now: lowering or raising the volume one
point means a big difference in output level.

Regards,
  Eduard