[mythtv-users] AVerMedia AVerTV DVB-T Volar USB not initialised on startup

Greg Ahpee greg at ahpee.org
Thu Feb 14 07:13:51 UTC 2008

I have a similar problem with a Tiny-USB running on Debian which works
most of the time but sometimes fails to initialize at startup. After
much searching I found mention that problems may be experienced if the
usb kernel module ohci_hcd loads before ehci_hcd. Checking my kernel
logs indicates that this is indeed the case for me. All is ok if
ehci_hcd loads first otherwise it fails. It has been suggested that
blacklisting ohci_hcd may get around the problem but may (will?) result
in  no high speed usb capability. I have not tried this solution nor
have I found any way to control the module loading order.