[mythtv-users] Question for Chicago Mythtv ers

Andrew Close aclose at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 14:35:04 UTC 2008

On Feb 12, 2008 8:00 PM, Douglas Hitchcock <clarkaddison at gmail.com> wrote:
> When Comcast went all digital, I told them to shove it and I went to RCN.
> Well, RCN just did the same thing, so my mythtv computer now has zero
> channels.
>
> I have a PVR 250 and a 350, and I only a regular def TV so I'm not ready to
> go High def yet.  What are people with Analog pvr cards doing in Chicago?  I
> mean I know in general my options, IR Blaser, Serial port, Firewire, but I
> don't know what options my local Comcast or RCN will actually give me, and
> which works best.  So I'm just looking for some Chicago success stories.  I
> read the threads talking about when Comcast went digital, but I didn't find
> any conclusions as to where these people are at now!

W00t!  Chicago Mythers :)

although i'm actually in the west burbs... :}
i switched from Comcast to WOW (Wide Open West) which may only be
available in the burbs at the moment.  they still offer analog
subscriptions but they really are pushing their digital service which
only cost a couple bucks more.  i have an HDHR that isn't really
functional at the moment.  when i first started playing with it it was
picking up the digital channels on WOW.  i had other tuning issues and
reverted back to my tried and true PVR-500 & 250.
i really need to get that HDHR working...