[mythtv-users] new user with Mediacenter PC

pibi pibi at siol.si
Wed Feb 13 10:31:52 UTC 2008

hi !
I am from Slovenia and this is my box

ANTEC Fusion BLACK VERIS V2 case (includes 430w silent PS) - yes it is SILENT - even 2x 12cm fans are OK
MB ASUS M2A-VM-HDMI  (bluray+ hddvd ready MB with onboard X1250 ATI HDMI video)
AMD X2 3250 EE proc  (45 W power)
2x 1 GB GAIL PC2-6400 800 Mhz DDR2 RAM
500 GB Seagate SATAII 16 Mb cache
DVD RW 18x on SATA
Microsoft X110 IR kbd+mouse

all together all new HW about 450 EU
+
Leadtek XP2000 Expert analog TV card - PAL color system
Technotrend  TT USB CI-3650 S2 (mpeg4 HD) SAT receiver (with DBA drivers for Vista and XP) for PAL color

HW setup was fast, in 30 minutes everything started to work, ANTEC manual is perfect

Output to Panasonic Viera Plazma TV (43" i think) over HDMI and digital audio to Marantz 5.1 system

I started with Vista home ultimate - problems with Leadtek and TT card - no way to go in MCE TV  but basicaly works with own players
next i switched to Mythbuntu which was not so easy. Most problems - big update (over 100 packages) yet no suport yet for  TT card.
I set up 80GB for system, rest will be for data, I need just frontend+recording no backend server
Net is OK, 10Mb/1Mb VDSL flat rate

My question:
Best config of system ( I can add another Hard drive if works better)
Anybody have experience seting up similar system
What to reconsider (change of components)
Any idea how to setup DBA (not a database!) drivers for TT Sat card - on Vista with TT-Center (proprietary SW from Technotrend)
How to decrypt SAT channels which are protected - My box has a CI for CAMs or over SW decryption  (I also have HUMAX SD box IRCI5400 with TOH SW)
To get remote + new TV card - I search for Haupeage 500 with 2 MPEG2 encoders on board

Any suggestion or warning about configuration (forget the price, I am looking for quality)

bye for now