[mythtv-users] (x)DSL Front-end

David George david at thegeorges.us
Wed Feb 13 05:19:55 UTC 2008

On 2/12/2008 10:39 PM, Josh White wrote:
> Isn't vmware a free solution?  I got two serials for free from the
> vmware website a few months ago...was that a limited time offer?

vmware server is free.  So is the vmware converter if you want to use
it.  They still charge for their other products though.  I have used
both Workstation (which they charge for) and Server (which is free) and
they work equally well for me.  The Workstation has a couple of extra
features like snapshots, which makes developing and testing on Windows
very nice.  Install driver, oops problem, restore from snapshot, try
again.  Works great, but most people don't need this so Server should be
fine.  I have only used these hosted on Linux, but I have used many
guest OS's over the years.  Linux (many flavors), DOS, OS/2, Windows
NT,2000.

--
David