[mythtv-users] (x)DSL Front-end

Monkey Pet monkeypet at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 00:31:07 UTC 2008

Hi, coming from the xebian (the xbox debian distro) world.  It is
faster to compile in a virtual environment rather than the xbox
itself.  When I was recompiled the myth-frontend for the xbox, i used
vmware to run xebian (the xbox debian distro), then compiled the rpms
and installed them on the real xbox.  This saved me alot of compile
time.  If you don't have vmware, you can also use the free solution
like qemu which also worked for me.  I have also heard people distrocc
and other things like that.  I think I saw that on a wiki somewhere.

Good luck.