[mythtv-users] Corrupted Seektables - rebuilding doesn't help

Rich West Rich.West at wesmo.com
Tue Feb 12 21:00:07 UTC 2008

I searched through the archives and came across a couple of postings
(the most recent of which was from the 24th or so of January) regarding
rebuilding the seek tables.  Unfortunately, those postings didn't
correlate too closely with the issue that I have started having.

On some HD recordings, and this is on HD only, when playing it back and
you hit a commercial skip, the view will freeze entirely with the OSD
up.  Remotely getting in to the frontend and restarting mythfrontend
restores functionality.  Now, viewing the same video with commercial
skip off, you stumble in to the same problem when you attempt to skip
forward or skip back.

I've run:
mythcommflag --clearcutlist <video file name>
and
mythcommflag --rebuild <video file name>

The result is that I can play back the video, but when I skip forward or
back, it pauses for 5-8 seconds before it completes the skip.
Additionally, what is strange, is that the OSD now thinks that the show
is only 15:59 long (not 60 minutes).

These HD recordings are all OTA recordings, and, interestingly enough,
they do not have a lot of corruption or pixelization.. they are pretty
clean (and look stunning).  However, like I said, it is really just some
of the recordings, not all.  Initially, I thought it was with regard to
the time frame that they were recorded in (we were about a month behind
on our viewing of shows), but even ones as recent as the 26th have
exhibited this problem...

I'm kind of at a loss as to what else, if anything, I can do to get
these to play nice..

-Rich