[mythtv-users] Mythtv 0.20.2 xbox xebian pkgs now available

Chris Henderson jchendo at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 09:30:12 UTC 2008

On Feb 10, 2008 9:00 AM, Todd Foggoa <todd.foggoa at gmail.com> wrote:

> Seems yoeu.net is not online again. Anyone know if it will come back up?
>
> Thanks,
> -Todd
>
> On Dec 27, 2007 2:09 AM, Monkey Pet <monkeypet at gmail.com> wrote:

> this

> compile
> > > I was just getting ready to revive this thread.
> > >
> > > I just bought a xbox in order to get my backend/frontend system out of
> > > my living room. I followed various xebian HOWTOs with limited success.
> > > I was able to get xebian up and running, but I consistently broke the
> > > install (or at least the X server) when trying to update the packages.
> > >
> > > I finally had success by using the E-Image
> > > (http://mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Xbox_Install_using_E_Images).  I was
> > > pleasantly surprised to find that the BitTorrent download of the
> > > E-Images, even though I think it is a 0.20 build as opposed to a
> 0.20.2
> > > build, worked with my 0.20.2 backend.
> >
> > I guess since people are still using the E-Images, i should update it
> > with the 0.20.2 frontend.  However, I will have trouble seeding the
> > files since I am with comcast.
> > >
> > > I believe that with this configuration, I should be able to update to
> > > 0.20.2 by updating my system and using the build from SVN instructions
> > > (http://mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Xbox_Frontend_Compile_with_SVN).
> > >
> > > Am I mistaken in believing that I can do this update without having
> the
> > > two repositories that Steve mentioned in the previous message?
> >
> > I think you will the multimedia packages from the other site,
> > sunet.se.  I don't know what is the status of it.  However, the
> > yoeu.net site is now back online.

Hello,

i have recently bought and xbox to get the frontend out of the lounge.
Before i bought it, i checked the lists and decided on the E-images route.

I have run into all the usual problems, most of the solved by reading the
experience of others.
but the "Mythvideo compiled against the wrong version of libmyth etc." has
got me so far.

the problem i am having is that i have used the suggested sources list and i
am getting errors saying that it can not down load the "packages.gz" file
form yoeu.net.
I have manually looked at the website and it is there, but it complains that
it can get them.

There are other errors in the apt-get update and apt-get install myth
frontend commands but they all seem to be related to the sources lists.

Also it seems, as another user pointed out, the
http://alexfisher.me.co.uksite no longer has a sarge section, can that
be removed form the sources
list?

Any help is appreciated.