[mythtv-users] MythArchive sync with recordings from pvr-250 with cutlists

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 22:34:45 UTC 2008

On Feb 11, 2008 5:25 PM, Matt London <mythtv at knm.org.uk> wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I trawl the archives about this issue from time to time and never seem
> to find a resolution.
>
> I've got a mythtv box here running 0.20.2 with a pvr-250. Default
> recording profile is set to record at 480x480 (I'm in Canada, so it's an
> NTSC source if that makes any difference).

You need to change that to 720x480 for several reasons. 480x480 is not
a dvd compliant resolution so mytharchive spends a lot of time
converting it to that. I know you can turn that off but then your
recordings will not play on all dvd players. And a second reason is
that (at least mine) 720x480 is the best resolution to use with this
card. I did a few hours of testing with my cards and any other
resolution causes distortion. BTW, I did not change 2.2GB/hr mode.

> I'm not doing any transcoding on the files prior to running MythArchive.
>
> When I create a DVD iso using MythArchive, I'm getting loss of audio
> sync, which deteriorates as the program progresses. I've managed to pin
> it down to only occuring when I have cut-points in the recording and I
> enable the cutlist in MythArchive.
>
> Yes, I am making sure cut-points are on keyframes, I've tried with
> --fix-mpeg on and off. I've also tried a handful of other things in the
> past, none of which seem to have made much difference.
>
> If anyone out there as any further suggestions, I'd love to archive off
> some of my recorded shows to DVD, preferably without commercials.

Now for your issue. Search the archives for my name, projectx and
pxcut I have talked about my experiences many times on this...

John M. Drescher