[mythtv-users] XBOX 360 - any successes?

Greg Estabrooks greg at phaze.org
Mon Feb 11 20:41:33 UTC 2008

> I'm assuming it can't read native Myth recordings so that is why all
> recordings would need to be transcoded to something the xbox would be able
> to read?

 Yes, and because they crippled the regular non MCE Extender player it wont
play MPEG2 either, so it wont plan most peoples standard dvb/pvr/firewire recordings. If it played MPEG2 I'd just expose the recordings under the video upnp tree

 Seems silly since they already have the appropriate licensing for MPEG2 since it plays DVD's

> Cool! any suggestions on what to use for transcoding to Divx on Linux? and
> what about fast forwarding or reversing on transcoded files?

 Most people use nuvexport, other than that I dunno. FFW and REW will work fine
:)